Thank you for being part of the AUPHA community. To ensure the best possible experience for all AUPHA Network participants, we have established basic guidelines for participation. Please review these guidelines before proceeding.
If you are logging in for the first time, you must accept this Code of Conduct using the button at the bottom of the page.
Community Rules, Etiquette and Policies
By joining and using these e-mail lists, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions about the AUPHA Network should be directed to the Community Manager, Chris Sanyer. Technical questions on association issues should directed to our helpdesk.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact Chris Sanyer. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, AUPHA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
Research is an important resource for AUPHA, and integral to the individual success of members pursuing tenure and advancing the field of healthcare management. AUPHA receives numerous requests each year to field surveys to its members, in addition to the surveys that AUPHA conducts on behalf of the association’s members.
In an effort to minimize survey fatigue, reduce the requests made of AUPHA members, and to focus our efforts on the surveys that are of greatest importance to the field, AUPHA will permit only one survey request to be issued per month to any segment of the AUPHA membership. However, surveys requests will not be approved in the months in which members will be directly solicited to complete AUPHA research for the benchmarking survey, the membership satisfaction survey and the faculty salary survey.
Members may request one initial survey announcement and up to one additional follow-up message/reminder announcement. Initial requests should be sent to Chris Sanyer at least 30 days prior to the desired release date, for scheduling.
Rules for All Communities
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Promotional posting is not allowed on the AUPHA Network. If your message does not move a discussion forward, it will be removed. All messages must add to the group’s body of knowledge. AUPHA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Forums Etiquette (All)
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
These Discussion Forums are provided as a service of AUPHA for Association members. AUPHA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. AUPHA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AUPHA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AUPHA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AUPHA and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AUPHA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to AUPHA's attention, we will take all appropriate action.
AUPHA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
AUPHA does not claim ownership of the materials you provide, post, upload, input or submit to the AUPHA website or its associated services (collectively “Submission(s)”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting or submitting your Submission(s) you are hereby granting to AUPHA (optional - and any other person or entity who accesses the website) a perpetual, non-revocable, royalty free, worldwide and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, copy, transmit, publicly display, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat the Submission(s) in connection with the business activities and non-profit purposes and services of AUPHA and to publish your name in connection with your Submission(s). No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission(s). AUPHA is under no obligation to post or use any Submission(s) you may provide and may remove any Submission(s) at any time in AUPHA’s sole and exclusive discretion.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission(s), you hereby warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights, title and interest to your Submission(s) as described herein, including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions(s) and the right to grant AUPHA the license described above.
Furthermore, you hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AUPHA, its officers, directors, employees, authorized agents and volunteers from and against any and all third party claims, actions, causes of action, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs), judgments, liabilities, damages to persons or property, including, but not limited to claims of copyright, trademark or patent infringement and/or breach of intellectual property rights arising out of or related to the uploading, posting, submission or use of your Submission(s).
Enforcement of Guidelines
Remember that AUPHA respects the community. We understand that people make mistakes, and prefer not to ban someone from the community following a single violation. Rather, AUPHA follows a graduated enforcement policy for these guidelines.
1. First Violation: A written warning is sent to the member who violates the code of conduct and the message may be deleted.
2. Second Violation: A written warning is sent to the member who violates the code of conduct and the message may be deleted. The member's AUPHA Network account is put into moderation for 30-days.
3. Third Violation: A written warning is sent to the member who violates the code of conduct and the message may be deleted. The member's AUPHA Network account is put into moderation for one year.